FordPass: Setting Up Vehicle Health Alerts and Reports
When life gets hectic, keeping tabs on your vehicle’s major components can be difficult. Vehicle Health Alerts and Vehicle Health Reports keep you updated on your vehicle’s wellbeing in everything from general wear and tear to serious issues. Keep reading to learn how to get started setting up Vehicle Health Alerts and Reports through FordPass on your SYNC 3-equipped vehicle.
[ Read More: How to Set Up Apple CarPlay ]
Vehicle Health Alerts: in-app or push notifications sent to your smartphone with important updates on your vehicle’s various components.
Vehicle Health Reports: a scheduled email report that keeps you updated with a status of your vehicle’s various components.
Both Vehicle Health Alerts and Vehicle Health Reports outline issues related to:
- Oil life
- Engine, Transmission & Emissions
- Brakes and Suspension
- Restraints and Driver Assistance
- Checks, Fluids and Filters
[ Read More: How to Use Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start ]
First-Time Setup FordPass and SYNC AppLink
Before Getting Started:
- Make sure your vehicle is updated with the latest version of SYNC software and you’ve downloaded the latest version of FordPass from the App Store® or Google Play™.
- Add your vehicle to your FordPass account by scanning the VIN barcode located. The barcode can be found wither on the driver-side door frame or seen through the windshield on your driver-side dashboard.
Getting Set Up:
- Connect your phone to SYNC AppLink.
- Open the FordPass App on your vehicle’s SYNC 3 touchscreen.
- You will receive a prompt asking to allow FordPass to access certain vehicle information and permissions. Select “Yes.”
- With FordPass and SYNC AppLink connected, keep the engine running. Data collection will begin in about one minute.
Note: To keep monitoring vehicle health, it’s important that your vehicle remains connected to SYNC AppLink. You can check if your vehicle is connected by looking for the FordPass icon on the Apps screen of your SYNC 3 system.
[ Read More: How to Set Up Ford SYNC® Connect Wi-Fi Hotspot ]