2019 Ford Ranger vs 2019 Ford F-150
Back from an 8-year break from the market, the Ranger now provides Ford enthusiasts with a lighter-duty option. But this exciting return puts vehicle shoppers on the search for a 2019 Ford pickup in a difficult position. Now forced to decide between the long-favorited F-150 and the more economical Ranger model, many are on the fence. That’s why we’ve decided to sort through the specs for you in this comparison of the 2019 Ford Ranger and the 2019 Ford F-150. Read on to learn once and for all which model provides the ideal fit for you.
The Ford Ranger features three trim levels (XL, XLT, Lariat) ranging from $24,300 - $32,210 in price. F-150 offers more variety with seven trim levels (XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Raptor, Platinum, Limited) with a price range of $28,155 - $67,135. Ranger models are offered in two cab configurations (SuperCab, SuperCrew) and two bed lengths (5 feet, 6 feet). F-150 models are offered in three cab styles (Regular, SuperCab, SuperCrew) and two bed lengths (5.5 feet or 6.5 feet).
2019 Ford Ranger
2019 Ford F-150
|7,500 lbs.||Max. Towing Capacity||13,200 lbs.|
|1,840 lbs.||Max. Payload Capacity||3,000 lbs.|
Comparing the Power and Capability Ratings of the 2019 Ford Ranger and the 2019 Ford F-150
As you can see from that graph, the F-150 is better suited to drivers with more rigorous towing and payload needs. The Ranger’s 7,500-lb. towing and 1,840-lb. payload capacity is an ideal fit for more light-duty applications. While both Ford pickups are available with 4x4, the Ranger brings in a simplified engine lineup with one sole option. Ford suits the F-150 lineup with a more intricate engine selection that gives six distinct options to choose from.
2019 Ford Ranger Engine Options
- 2.3L EcoBoost® – 270 horsepower and 310 lb.-ft. of torque
2019 Ford F-150 Engine Options
- 2.7-liter Turbocharged EcoBoost® – 325 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque
- 3.5 -liter EcoBoost® – 375 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque
- High-Output 3.5-liter EcoBoost® – 450 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft. of torque
- 3.3-liter TI-VCT V6 – 290 horsepower and 265 lb.-ft. of torque
- 5.0-liter TI-VCT V8 – 395 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque
- 3.0-liter Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel – 250 horsepower and 440 lb.-ft. of torque