The Ford Transit is one of the best full-sized vans on the market, even when you pit it against heavy hitters like the Ram ProMaster, and it looks like it’s only going to be getting better. For 2017, this full-size van (and the Ford Transit Connect small commercial van) will be available with even more interior and feature options. Keep reading for the 2017 Ford Transit release date and updates on the upcoming features.
Just for Fun: Check out Ford Transit Upfitted Motor Homes
2017 Ford Transit Release Date
Van-shoppers with their hearts set on the 2017 Transit can begin ordering online April 4, while those interested in the smaller 2017 Ford Transit Connect can space orders starting this month, March 14. Both of these vans will go on sale at dealerships starting this September.
New Transit Features for 2017
Last year’s 2016 Ford Transit was available with 58 different body configurations (including different wheelbases and roof heights) and the 2017 Transit will be available with 64 configurations thanks to a new Transit 350 with a regular wheelbase and other new configurations. Some other new features include:
- Standard 3.7-liter engine on dual-rear wheel van and wagon models
- New available low-profile center console option on all body styles
- High-capacity, easy-to-access upfitter switches available across the lineup
- Available heated leather or cloth seating, and 10-way power adjusting cloth seats
- An improved base audio system with four speakers, a tweeter and woofer
- New standard LED lighting and a 12-volt electricity socket in Transit vans
- Easy-to-clean aluminum alloy wheels with locking lug nuts are now available many models
The 2017 Ford Transit Connect small van will also benefit from the new model year with the addition of available SYNC 3 with 6.5-inch touchscreen. On the technology front, the 2017 Transit Connect will also come standard in the Titanium and XLT trims with reverse sensing systems, automatic headlights, roof rails, and six-way powered driver’s seats.
If you are interested in buying a 2017 Ford Transit, or would like to schedule your test drive in advance for when they become available, contact an Akins Ford sales professional today.